We've got you covered.
No insurance? No problem.
We accept cash payments, and our prices are affordable.
On-site imaging and labs
Medication and vaccinations
Other exams and procedures
You've got questions, we've got answers.
The following information is for COVID-19 testing and Serology testing and does not apply to a regular visit or any non Coronavirus Concern or non Testing Only related visit.
If you have insurance in-network with Carbon Health there is no fee or cost to you as the patient.You can supply us with your insurance details, preferably when you book your appointment online, or via the Carbon Health app.
If you have insurance that is not contracted with Carbon Health, for example Kaiser HMO or Medi-Cal, there is no fee or cost to you as a patient. You will still need to supply us with your insurance details, preferably when you book your appointment online, or via the Carbon Health app.
If you are not insured, there is no fee or cost to you as the patient. As part of the Families First and CARES Act, you will have to fill out a short form at the clinic or mobile site clinic at the time of your COVID-19 testing appointment. The new FFCRA and CARES Acts have made funding available to allow Coronavirus (COVID-19 ) related care accessible to all Americans including those uninsured. We still will need to file the testing visit to the government.
- We are contracted with most insurance carriers, PPO's, as well as Medicare. If you don't see your insurance carrier on our insurance and billing section, please give your health insurance plan provider a call to double check. The number can be found on your plan card. Service and benefit coverage vary based on geographic location or between an Urgent Cary or Primary Care visit. While we do accept Medicare, at this time we do not accept Medi-Cal.
- To get your specific copay cost amount for your visit, we'll need to see your insurance card and verify the insurance carrier. We recommend that you call the member's services number on the back of your insurance card and ask about coverage and co-payment fees for urgent care visits. Co-pays for an urgent care visit will typically be different than the co-pay amount for a primary care visit. If you don't have time to call your insurance, we can determine the co-pay amount if your plan and coverage is verified upon check-in to your visit, whether you are visiting Carbon Health for urgent care or primary care.
- A co-pay, short for copayment, is a fixed amount a healthcare beneficiary pays for covered medical services. The remaining balance is covered by the patient's insurance company. Co-pays typically vary for different services within the same plans, particularly when they involve services that are considered essential or routine and others that are considered to be less routine or in the domain of a specialist. Co-pays for standard doctor visits are typically lower than those for specialists. Note that copays for emergency room visits tend to be the highest. A deductible is a fixed amount a patient must pay each year before their health insurance benefits begin to cover the costs. After meeting a deductible, beneficiaries typically pay coinsurance—a certain percentage of costs—for any services that are covered by the plan. They continue to pay the coinsurance until they meet their out-of-pocket maximum for the year. Co-pays and deductibles are just two parts of the health insurance equation. In general, plans that charge lower monthly premiums have higher co-payments and higher deductibles. Plans that charge higher monthly premiums have lower co-payments and lower deductibles.
- We have real-time insurance eligibility built into our app; however, there may be times when an insurance plan can't be verified due to the following: The Payer ID not being accurate, The insurance plan is from a third party, The insurance provider eligibility system is not responding
- If you are on your family's insurance plan as a dependent, after you scan the insurance card, select "Family Member" Instead of "This is me." If you are not given the option to select "Family Member" please contact your insurance and confirm that you are marked as a dependent on their plan. Keep in mind that certain information from the insurance card is auto-populated into your chart. If "This is me" is selected, or if you manually enter a family member's name instead of yours, your name will be incorrect in your chart. If this is the case please re-enter your insurance information.
- If your insurance was verified upon your clinic visit, Carbon Health bills your insurance about three days after your appointment. If you have outside lab work done you will be billed completely separately by LabCorp or Quest. If the lab and test is performed entirely within our clinic it will appear on your Carbon Health bill. Your insurance may pay all or portion of your bill, depending on your benefit plan and your deductible. At some point you will receive an EOB (Explanation of Benefits) from your insurance, directly. This is not your bill but an explanation of what insurance paid/covered and what you may owe. You can always check the status of your bill in your Carbon Health app by tapping your profile in the lower right then "Bills". You can track Due, Paid and Sent/Waiting. For a full breakdown you can tap the information (i) icon next to the appointment date. If you have any patient responsibility once your claim has been processed by your insurance, you will receive an invoice via email from firstname.lastname@example.org and an SMS alert when your bill is ready. You can pay securely and instantly by tapping Pay Now in the email. You can also pay directly in the app. Please contact us at email@example.com if it's been more than two months since your appointment and you still have not received a bill, or if you have any billing questions at all. Happy to help!
- If you were a patient at one our Direct Urgent Care clinics in the Bay Area and have any billing questions or concerns please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime or call us at 1-415-200-2133. Our typical phone hours are 9:30am-5pm PT, Monday through Friday.
Still have questions? Reach out.
Every day 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM Pacific
Call your clinic directly
What our patients say
I highly recommend them to anyone needing medical attention. Reservations are easy to set up via their app and recommended to avoid wait time. Yelp only allows for 5 stars. I would give them a 10.
Oh my God, finally an urgent care in our neighborhood that doesn't actually feel like an urgent care! The space is super clean, modern, open and airy. The staff was excellent and were super friendly.
If I could give this place 10 stars, I would. I received exceptional service from the moment I walked in, to the time I left. This place has been the best urgent care location I've ever been to.
Literally amazing. They have the nicest doctors and staff, and you can get an appointment so easily and so fast!
Appreciated being seen immediately, the friendly and helpful staff, and my comprehensive care including x-rays, prescriptions called into my pharmacy and scheduling a follow-up appointment.
What I love is through their app (make sure you download the app - worth it) they check up on you to make sure you are ok. You are able to share any new developments.
Great urgent care! Easy to make an appointment, got seen right away, the place was clean and tidy, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful.