46% of LGBTQ+ people don’t feel comfortable talking to a healthcare provider about their fertility.Source
LGBTQ+ people deal with many hurdles when it comes to getting the healthcare they need. They are less likely to have health insurance, less likely to fill prescriptions, more likely to use the emergency room or delay getting care, and more likely to be refused health care services and be harassed by health care providers.Source
Lesbian and bisexual women have higher rates of breast cancer, and transgender men and women are also at a greater risk.Source
LGBTQ+ services at a glance
Now you can see your Carbon Health primary care provider for your health and wellness needs. We offer assistance and referrals for a variety of symptoms or issues. Book an appointment today to talk to one of our providers about what you’re going through and they will be there to help, support, and guide you through your health journey. We currently offer support in the following areas:
- Wellness and Prevention
- Annual Physical
- Breast Health(exam + mammograms + ultrasounds)
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Routine Screenings
- Bone Density Exams(osteoporosis screening by referral)
- Chest/Breast Health
- Chest/Breast Lump Evaluation
- Chest/Breast Cancer Screening
- Ultrasounds, Mammograms (by referral)
- Gender Affirming Care(by referral)
- Hormone Management
- Infectious Issues
- STI/HIV Screening & Testing
- HPV Tests
- Vaginal Infections
- HIV/AIDS Treatment & Prevention (including PrEP and PEP)
- Behavioral Health(screening + referrals)
- Depression & Anxiety Management
- Harm Reduction Counseling
Women’s Health & Wellness
No matter where you are on your life journey, Carbon Health’s healthcare providers use evidence-based practices to help you with all your healthcare needs.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How can we help you?
Can your providers prescribe PEP and PrEP?
Are your providers experienced with gender identity issues?
Can your providers prescribe hormone therapy for gender affirming care?
Which providers specialize in LGBTQ+ health?